Malboro - Mist P20W20
Wed/Thurs 11am-2pm EST
Sinistry at its best
A massive 9 venue collab event for Halloween running from Oct 24-Oct 31. Click below for more info!
See what spooky teas and treats the Jade (Were)Cat has to offer.
See our haunting staff!
Book a terrifyingly great tea ceremony!
Do the fates see treats in your future or a dastardly trick? Book a card reading today to find out!
For those seeking private company under the full moonlight.
Want to be part of the Jade Cat team? We are currently hiring bartenders, servers, diviners and receptionists! Apply today! https://forms.gle/M4RR1KzaV2qn4f5P6
A simple informal tea ceremony where tea and sweets are served.
Time: 3 hours
An elaborate tea ceremony with a maximum of 5 guests. A full-course meal is served, as well as several types of teas and sweets.
Consultation: 30k -30min
Simple Spread (yes/no, simple questions, 2-3 card spreads): 75k - 30-60min
Complex Spread (4+ card spreads on various subjects): 150k - 60-120min
Possible Topics to Ask About:
Love and RelationshipsCareer PathsInner ReflectionsWhat the future holds
Note: These are flat rates established by the Jade Cat. Should a guest diviner come in, rates may be subject to change as negotiated between relevant parties and will be stated upon inquiry for their services. If rates are higher, please be respectful of their prices and do not harass the diviner.
Blue Moon Service
This is a free service for those wishing to have a private and safe space to discuss "important business matters" with their clients and don't want to be overheard. Simply ask for the best place to view the blue moon and you will be escorted to the tea room and given all the privacy you need.
Welcome! This page is for those who have reserved a special tea ceremony for either an individual or a small group. A tea ceremony is meant to bring about mindfulness, clarity, and relaxation. To ensure the maximum benefit and enjoyment for all participants, we ask that you please read this guide over carefully. Should you have questions, please ask them before the ceremony begins.
Disclaimer: Actual tea ceremonies require months and even years of training for the host to perform the ceremony properly. We do not claim to be trained experts in this art, nor wish to offend those who've dedicated their lives to learning this, but just wish to bring the joy of the tea ceremony to those in the RP community.
While the structure of the ceremony may differ depending on the package for time's sake, the following rules still apply:
1. Be respectful. This goes without saying, but showing proper respect to your host and those around you is not only important for the ceremony itself, but for your daily life.
2. Limit your speech. This ceremony is about mindfulness and relaxation. Words can be a distraction from what's around you. Focus instead on listening to the sounds of nature and your surroundings. Show your appreciation through your actions and gestures, rather than with words.
3. Arrive on time. Not too early to make your host rush, and not too late to make them wait for you. We are aware real life things may get in the way of a reservation, but if that is the case, please let your host know prior if possible if you will be late or unable to make your appointment via in-game tell or through Discord. Appointments can always be rescheduled if needed. Should you wish to cancel fully, you will receive a partial refund of 60% of what you paid for at your earliest convenience.
Now that you've been made aware of the three basic rules, click which option below is the one you've purchased. As a quick reminder, Chakai is the shorter one, and Chaji is the longer one.
This is the shorter of the two packages, only meant to last about 45 minutes to an hour to make it easier for those who may not have a lot of time for a full ceremony. For the full benefits of the ceremony, please do your best to follow the steps as closely as you are able. Should you have questions, please ask them before the ceremony begins.
1. Before your ceremony begins, please wait outside in the seating area to the right of the building. Take the time to admire the garden and listen to the sounds of nature around you.
2. Your host will come over and greet you with a bow. They will then head inside to the tea room silently. You will do the same, but first, make sure to cleanse your hands and mouth in the bamboo fountain next to the waiting area before heading inside.
3. Walk down the center of the cafe and through the door on the left to Room 2.
4. Pause in the entryway of this room. Take a moment to admire the hanging scroll and the flowers the host specially chose for your ceremony.
5. When you are ready, head inside the tea room and sit yourself on the cushion at the opposite side of the hearth.
6. Once you are seated, your host will join you, seating themselves opposite you and greet you.
7. You are then to ask them about the garden or the hanging scroll that you saw in the waiting room.
8. Once the host responds to your question, they will serve you the main sweet. In this chakai, only one type of sweet is served.
9. As you are enjoying the main sweet, the host will begin preparing the tea. In this chakai, only one type of matcha tea is served.
10. Once you have been served your tea and begin to sip it, you may then ask the host about the main sweet or the flowers that the host had chosen.
11. After the tea is finished, the host will escort you back out to the garden, and you are to bow to them first to show your thanks and appreciation before leaving quietly.
This is the longer of the two packages, meant to last about 3 to 4 hours. For the full benefits of the ceremony, please do your best to follow the steps as closely as you are able. Should you have questions, please ask them before the ceremony begins.
1. Before you begin, a staff member will escort you to the waiting room and serve you hot water to cleanse your pallets.
2. Once you are done, the assistant will lead you outside to the waiting area in the garden, give you a bow, and then leave quietly.
3. While you wait, take the time to admire the garden and listen to the sounds of nature around you.
4. Your host will come over and greet you with a bow. They will then head inside to the tea room silently. You will do the same, but first, make sure to cleanse your hands and mouth in the bamboo fountain next to the waiting area before heading inside.
5. Walk down the center of the cafe and through the door on the left to Room 2. Pause in the first area of this room. Take a moment to admire the hanging scroll the host specially chose for your ceremony.
7. When you are ready, head inside the tea room and sit yourself on the cushion at the opposite side of the hearth.
8. Once you are seated, your host will join you, seating themselves opposite you and greet you.
9. The eldest guest then asks the host about the garden and the hanging scroll that you saw in the waiting room.
10. You will then be served a meal of steamed rice, miso soup, simmered fish, simmered vegetables, and a cup of sake.
11. Once the meal is over, the host will begin burning the charcoal and light the incense.
12. After those two steps are completed, you will then be served the main sweet.
13. Once you are finished, your host will escort you back out to the garden to wait.
14. Your host will return shortly to fetch you with a bow. Before entering the building, make sure to cleanse your hands and mouth again at the fountain.
15. After following them inside and you walk back to the waiting room, the hanging scroll will have been replaced with flowers, specially chosen for your ceremony. Take a moment to examine them before taking your seat once more.
16. The host will then begin preparing the first type of matcha - koi-cha (thick tea, highly caffeinated, like an expresso).
17. The eldest guest then asks the host about where the matcha was purchased from and the name of the main sweet.
18. Once the koi-cha is finished, the charcoal and incense are burned again and you will be served the sub sweet.
19. After you are finished, the usa-cha (thin tea, just the matcha powder and hot water) is prepared and served.
20. After the usa-cha is finished, the host will escort you back out to the garden, and you are to bow to them first to show your thanks and appreciation before leaving quietly.
Sinistry at Its Best
Sinistry at Its Best is a multi-venue party train collab event that we get to be a part of! Starting Oct 24th with Onyx Rose, Temple, and Apollo, each day will have a different venue celebrating the spooky season throughout the week ending in a big party on Mateus at Haukke Manor on the 31st from 7pm-1am EST. Escorts will be available to help transport alts and new players from Bentbranch or Gridania to the event, and designated monster hunters will keep those pesky eyeballs at bay.
For our part of the event, we will operate at normal hours, and on Wednesday (27th) we will have a costume contest with various prizes and a raffle to win a free service of choice!
Each button below links to the carrds or Discord servers of the various venues.